UK Property Accountants will handle your property business's full credit control function, from sending a gentle reminder of outstanding debts to arranging legal action.
We will perform the following task as part of our credit services:
- Collecting rent, service charge and other debts from tenants, in accordance with the terms of their lease, and in line with the agreed Key Performance Indicators,
- Contacting tenants via telephone and email and chasing payment of outstanding debts until a settlement is received,
- Liaising with surveying and client accounting colleagues and other appropriate sources to ensure that any queries or disputes are resolved in a timely manner,
- Producing and distributing accurate and timely arrears reports in accordance with client and internal requirements,
- Assisting the cashiering team in the correct allocation of monies received, and in other duties at busy times,
- Performing all duties professionally and in line with documented procedures to ensure all internal and external targets are successfully achieved,
- Issuing monthly and quarterly rent demands, service charge and insurance demands,
- Raising ad-hoc cost recharges,
- Recording tenant receipts and reconciling with third party deposit holder companies like DPS,
- Being the first line on rent collection and acting on instruction from surveyors to escalate, and ultimately pass to legal,
- Issuing instructions to bailiffs,
- Preparing rent collection summaries and monthly reporting arrears and updating tenant records,
- Highlighting and seeking surveyor instruction on expiring tenancies,
- Preparing new account forms to hold new tenant deposits.
- Arranging closure of deposit accounts at the end of tenancy,
- Entering annual service charge budgets on the property system,
- Raising quarterly demands for landlord concessions and landlord voids,
- Providing ad-hoc support and cover for two residential rent controllers.