Book a free 15-minute discovery call to understand your tax needs.  Book Now

With UK Property Accountants, filing your ATED return is easy.

File HMRC ATED Return with UK's Leading Property Accountants

If a company or partnership with a corporate partner owns a residential property in the UK worth more than £500,000, they may be liable for the Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED).

Keep your finance in check by calculating your tax & filing your ATED on time.

What our clients say about us


Spearheaded by the UK's polished professional bodies, ACCA and CIOT, we vouch that we render the best service from our qualified and regulated accountants and tax advisers.

Why Choose us for your Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings filing?

We are specialist accountants and tax advisers for your property business! The service delivered by our qualified and experienced team is tailored as per your needs. Our accomplished tech-embedded service with exceptional property tax insight makes us stand out from the rest.


We offer a team of experienced tax professionals who are well-versed in ATED Returns and can ensure that your return is accurate and compliant.


We pride ourselves on our quick turnaround times and efficient processes, ensuring that your return is completed in a timely manner and without any delays.

Tailored Service

We take the time to understand your unique circumstances and tailor our services to your specific needs, so you can rest assured that you're getting the best possible advice and support.

Competitive Pricing

Our services are competitively priced, and we offer a range of packages to suit different budgets and needs, so you can get the help you need without breaking the bank.

Peace of Mind

With our expertise and experience, you can relax knowing that your ATED Return is in good hands and that you're fully compliant with all relevant regulations and requirements.


We make it easy to submit your ATED Return by handling all the paperwork and filing on your behalf, so you don't have to worry about any of the details.

How we work

File Your ATED Return with Us

When you are submitting your ATED, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind in order to guarantee that the filing process goes smoothly.

Engage with Us

Engage in the ATED return for the filing for the years 2024 to 2025 with our assistance.

Get Valuation Report 

Obtain a report from a qualified Valuator on the market value of each of the properties.

ATED Return Draft

After receiving the valuation report and other necessary data, UKPA will begin working on the ATED return.

Clients Approval

The draft of the ATED return will be sent to you by UKPA for your review and approval. 


We will begin working on filing the return as soon as the drafting has been officially approved.

ATED Tax Payment

After submitting the online ATED return, you will get a request to make tax payments to HMRC.

Stay Compliant and File Your ATED before the Deadline!

Avoid Penalties

Avoid taking the chance of incurring penalties for failing to comply with ATED.

Experts Guidance

Let our team of tax experts guide you through the ATED process.

Tailored Approach

We provide tailored advice to meet your specific needs and objectives.

Free Initial Discovery Call

Contact us today for a free 15-minute discovery call with our ATED specialists.

Easy Compliance

Minimise your tax liability by ensuring compliance with ATED regulations.

Act Now

Act now to protect your property and your finances.


Never miss !!

Dwelling Existing on 01 April 2024


You missed out!

Newly Acquired Dwelling after
1st April 2024

30 Days

From the Date of Acquisition

Newly Constructed Dwelling after
1st April 2024

90 Days


  •  The Property Becoming Dwelling for Council Tax Purpose
  • Its First Occupancy

( whichever is earlier )

See How We Helped

You're in good company

Margarita Feest


We Helped her Avoid the Penalty

We dealt with a client who owned a residential property portfolio worth over £10 million, with three properties subject to the Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED).

The client was uncertain about the   ATED compliance requirements and expressed concern regarding potential penalties and interest charges.

To assist the client, we conducted a comprehensive review of their property portfolio and closely collaborated with them to identify the properties that were subject to ATED and their corresponding liability.

As a result of our proactive approach, the client was able to avoid penalties and minimise their tax liability.

Carey Moore


We contributed to ATED Relief

In an ATED matter, we handled a client's disagreement with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC). They received a notice stating that their property was liable for ATED, but the client believed the property was exempt from the tax.

Upon reviewing the case, we provided guidance on the relevant legislation and case law to support the client's position. We then collaborated with HMRC to provide the necessary evidence and arguments to support our client's claim for exemption.

We were successful in securing an exemption for the client's property, resulting in significant tax savings. We helped the client to avoid a tax liability of over £500,000 and were delighted to achieve this positive outcome.

Isabell Herman


£200,000 saved on Taxes

Our firm was retained by a client who had recently acquired a high-value residential property subject to ATED and unaware about it. 

We conducted a comprehensive review of the property and identified that it had been misclassified for ATED purposes, resulting in a higher tax liability. Collaborating with the client and their legal advisors, we challenged the classification and obtained a reduction in their ATED liability.

Leveraging our expertise in ATED legislation and our experience in dealing with HMRC, we successfully resolved the issue. Our efforts resulted in significant savings for the client, with over £200,000 in tax liability avoided, and they were satisfied with the outcome of our work.

Our experts are ready to assist you

Talk to Our Property Experts

Great things in business are never done by one person. At UK Property Accountants, it is done by a team of people evolved from different walks of life. We are trained and experienced in property tax, accounting and compliance matters, and most of us are qualified as Chartered Accountants, Chartered Certified Accountants, Chartered Tax Advisers or Chartered Financial Analyst. 

Frequently asked questions

Can I claim a refund of ATED if I sell my property?

Yes, you may be eligible for a refund of any unused portion of the ATED charge if you sell your property before the end of the chargeable period.

How can I ensure complaince with ATED regulations?

Seeking the advice of a tax professional with experience in ATED compliance and filing of the ATED return can help ensure compliance and avoid any penalties or interest charges.

A trust of which I am a beneficiary owns property in the UK which is probably worth more than £500k. The property is rented out on a commercial basis. Do I need to submit a return?

If a trust is holding the legal title of the property on behalf of an individual who actually owns the beneficial interest in the house, then the trust doesn't own the beneficial interest in the house even though it owns the legal title. As a result, the trust is not required to submit tax returns because it doesn't meet the ownership condition.

I am the director of a company which has recently acquired a single-dwelling interest value at £2.5 million on 1 October 2022. What is the chargeable amount in this instance?

As the relevant day is later than the first day of the chargeable period, the amount due is the ‘relevant faction’ of the full amount.

182/365 X £26,050 = £13,025

My company has a dwelling rented out by a friend (not a qualified letting agent). Am I eligible for the relief for ATED?

The property was not marketed to the public through an independent agent and is not managed by an independent agent. This would suggest that the rental business is not carried out on a commercial basis. So, the property rental activity cannot be considered as a ‘Qualifying property rental business’ for ATED relief.

Can I appeal an ATED decision made by HMRC?

Yes, if you disagree with an ATED decision made by HMRC, you can appeal within 30 days of the decision.

I am a director of a company which is not incorporated or resident in the UK but owns land in the UK. Is the company subject to ATED provision?

For the purpose of the ownership condition, it is immaterial whether the company, partnership or collective investment scheme is incorporate or resident in the United Kingdom.

Hence, your company is subject to ATED provision assuming the value per property exceeds the threshold limit.

My company beneficially owns 10% of a single dwelling interest. The single dwelling interest as a whole is worth £10 million. How much is the company liable for ATED?

The company is jointly and severally liable for ATED for the band appropriate to a £10 million valuation and not just for its 10% proportion.

If my property value changes, what happens?

If the value of your property changes during the year, you may need to file an amended ATED return and pay any additional tax due or claim a refund for overpaid tax.

Our Blogs

Read Our Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings Articles

A Complete Guide to Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED)

ATED (Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings) is an annual tax payable by a company that owns UK residential


Reliefs Under Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings

If the conditions for a liability exist at the start of a chargeable period, the default position is


ATED Relief Clawback: Occupation by a Non-Qualifying Occupation

The HMRC offers several reliefs to companies from the Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED). For instance, companies


Trust UK Property Accountants to Optimise Returns and Minimise Hassles!

Reach Out to Us Today and Let's Shape
Your Success Together!

Success message!
Warning message!
Error message!